Very Special Otis Taylor

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums Buy and Sell Very Special Otis Taylor

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      easterna
      Participant

A very hard to find early OT, SN 1129 with an Italian spruce top and Madagascar rosewood back and sides.  Characteristic of the early OTs- position markers on side of neck, none on fretboard.  The guitar has a full, rich and balanced tone with incredible sustain.  To hear how good it is, here’s a YouTube link of Otis playing this instrument during a visit to the Sound Pure studios in Durham, N.C. [where I purchased the guitar].  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPYmuVqSJcs

The guitar comes with a letter from Sound Pure acknowledging Taylor played this guitar in the video.

The guitar is excellent condition.  It was played by prospective buyers at Sound Pure.  As a result there are some light marks on the pick guard which can only be seen in directional lighting.  There’s a very small 8mm blemish on the back which I tried to show in one of the photos.  It is always in its case. Never played outside my house.  Humidity is controlled summer and winter.

Guitar was purchased in 2011.  Here are a couple of photos.  I have one or two more I’d be happy to send on request.

Asking $5295 plus shipping.

OT Pic 1

indexless
        Keymaster

WOW

easterna
            Participant

Thanks.  Would love to give this a good home.

Hank
            Participant

Welcome to the Forum Easterna.
              Your 1st post is REALLY special.
              i have the twin of your O.T. They were a very special sounding series of guitars that are no longer offered.
              GLWS.

easterna
                Participant

Zorro,

Well, here I am.  Would love to give this guitar a good home.  You’re right about the forum.  Good place.

GR

Anonymous

The OT’S are so very special.

Viewing 3 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.