The Elmwoods and the Muted Jewel Tones at the Uptown Club in Oakland

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums Videos and shows The Elmwoods and the Muted Jewel Tones at the Uptown Club in Oakland

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

tadol
    Participant

So – I had very little to do with all this, but I was on stage (and I clearly have to stop staring at my iPad) and I can only say that I had a really great time!!  If you need a bit of amusement, I offer the following –

The Muted Jewel Tones Theme song –

Pay the Piper – 

Limb from Limb – 

Mississippi – 

Canned Music –(yes, thats me – )

Adios to California – 

Mom Won’t you Teach me to Monkey – 

Good Corn Liquor – 

Well – there’s a bunch of others – you can search YouTube for Alan Macomber – enjoy!

Chrisakadigdog
    Participant

DUDE You all rocked very nicely.  Great Marty Stewart Tele tones and all!

zorro
    Participant

It’s been a LOOOONG time since I heard that Dan Hicks song……….Great cover Tad.
    Only one question….which came first the Goatee or the band???
    really well done Y’All…..did you split tips???

1993 Martin Custom HD-28 IR/Sitka
    2001 SCGC Custom F Cutaway Maple/German
    2008 SCGC Custom OT Madi/Italian
    2015 SCGC Custom OM “The Tree” Hog/ European
    2016 SCGC Custom 1934 D45 Braz/ Adi

tadol
      Participant

Haha!  Yeah, the goatee is my rather lame attempt to appear more like a musician and cool dude, and less like a lecher and creepy old guy – can’t say it helps, but the wife isn’t too thrilled with it, so there gotta be something good there!

Alan wanted this to be a tool to get gigs, so every penny from this, (plus the gig before, and the next gig coming up) is gonna pay for the video guys, sound guy, and cover what the door didn’t make for the minimum club rental – heck, still worth it in my book –

indexless
    Keymaster

Sweet….got to have a jacket

Daniel
    Participant

This is great.  Well done all!

Daniel

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.