Studio time on Saturday…

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums Recording Studio Studio time on Saturday…

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Daniel
      Participant

I barely have time to change strings on at least 4 instruments.  (24 strings if you’re counting along at home.)

Studio time at Saltwell Studio in Leighton Bromswold, Cambridgeshire on Saturday.  I have a to do list longer than the time allotted.

Question for the hive mind:
        I could cover two trads or one original (I’m less decided about arrangement on originals as a rule).  Which would you go for?

🙂

Daniel

Hank
        Participant

Daniel…..Always Original.

Daniel
          Participant

Thanks my cunning friend.

Yeah.  Wrote a bridge for it today.  That means I don’t need to spend an hour working up a solo in the studio.  🙂
            So I might have time for it and a trad.

oo here’s me being ambitious!

Daniel

indexless
            Keymaster

Good luck this weekend…play your heart

Daniel
              Participant

We got the original in the can.  Will worry about fine tuning the mixes later.

Instrumentation: Octave mandolin, 5 string hollow body electric mandolin (the Arrow G5) into a Fender Champ through a ProCo Rat. (yes.  That surprised me too), hamonium, Fender P bass, kick drum, shakers.

I did a bit of rhythm guitar on the Santa Cruz 1942 Bluegrass D, but it didn’t make the cut. Too much midrange.

Strangely, what it seems to lack –having listened to it about 20 times in the last 48 hours– is top end! I’ll have to add a proper mandolin part!

BTW, did both a bridge and a solo.  Might keep the bridge, might not.  Solo is definitely staying.

Back at Saltwell in November.  Might do a few bits here in Laon before that.

🙂

Daniel

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Daniel.
                • This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Daniel.
                indexless
                Keymaster

Thanks Daniel, great report…did you take any pictures of the studio? Please share

Daniel
                  Participant

Chris Pepper engineer extraordinaire

And a rather functional quintet in the studio.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.