Santa Cruz Coffee Break Lunch with Richard Hoover #7 Guitar tops part 1

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums All the SCGC podcasts are here Santa Cruz Coffee Break Lunch with Richard Hoover #7 Guitar tops part 1

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      indexless
      Keymaster

Well kids, here is part 1 of Richard Hoover discussing guitar tops, prepare to be amazed

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by indexless.
        Chrisakadigdog
        Participant

WOW!!! STUCK TO MY PARK BENCH.   This one captured my attention from start to finish. Bring on Part II.

Especially enjoyed the Manfred. Man. What a story .   Thanks. To all’s yuh.

Matt Hayden
          Participant

Excellent podcast as always.  I liked where Richard noted that he likes smaller guitars – it absolutely shows up in the wonderful tone and feel of the smaller instruments!

haasome
            Participant

Very interesting and enjoyable. Thank you all for providing us with this great information.

– Paul –

Hank
              Participant

Informative…Intimate…Insightful……”And leave Them Wanting More”…….Well Done.

tadol
                Senior Moderator

Would you believe we ran out of tape? Got to the end of the cylinder?

We did get back to Richard and got a second part in the can, but it’ll be a while before it gets all edited (lots more ums, ahhs, and coughs in this one)

It is really wonderful to get Richard talking about something he loves and is so incredibly knowledgable about – trying to make it sound like I can come up with an intelligent intro for him to start from, well . . .  But the idea of scientific knowledge combined with a huge amount of hands on experience, thats a conversation I’m excited to be part of. I think we’ll have more on materials –

Barber Derek
                  Participant

Amazing, great stuff. Thank you so much for putting this all together. I’m hoping that Pt. 2 will provide a little more info in Redwood. Specifically, are Redwood and Sinker Redwood much different sonically? As a native Northern Californian I’ve always been a sucker for Redwood.

indexless
                    Keymaster

Majestic!

Yep….redwood, moos spruce…..it’s all there….should be ready out of the oven in a few days….thanks for participating

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.