Santa Cruz Coffee Break-Lunch with Richard Hoover #4 podcast Meet Carolyn Sills

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums All the SCGC podcasts are here Santa Cruz Coffee Break-Lunch with Richard Hoover #4 podcast Meet Carolyn Sills

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      indexless
      Keymaster

Good Morning Forum Members,

Here’s #4 and it’s a good one. Richard and Carolyn share the honors this month with insights and a lot of fun.

We’re blessed with 2 tunes from The Carolyn Sills Combo, Big Canoe and Rotary Phone Blues, more info and buy the CD’s here

https://www.carolynsills.com/

We Also hear from Richard about his midwest adventures with Eric Skye, Check out Eric’s work here:

Home

As always, we welcome your comments and ideas for this podcast, See you next month with some real special things.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by indexless.
        Hank
        Participant

A couple of hours playing SC guitars and 42 minutes listening to those who created them….a nice Sunday afternoon.

Well done Tad and Richard N..

adding Lady Carolyn was a nice surprise.

Looking forward to some of the “fore shadowing” of future guests.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Hank.
          haasome
          Participant

Another enjoyable podcast. Thanks Carolyn, for joining the discussion and, as always, thanks go to the “crew.”

– Paul –

Chrisakadigdog
            Participant

That was a very enjoyable way to start my day..   Would appreciate SCGC ‘S thoughts on bridge, top and bridge plate coupling in regards to tone coloration , Maple. Mahogany or Rosewood bridge plates. Ramping, slotting and bridge pins and there bearing on tone.       Thanks to all !!!

tadol
              Senior Moderator

It is quite a bit of fun to make these –  mostly the company, but the subject matter helps too –

we have a couple ideas for future shows – there are a few behind-the-scenes folk that have been “instrumental” in keeping things going at SCGC,  and we have a couple theme-based ideas. We hope y’all continue to find it interesting, and even more, hope y’all can help spread the word to bring more sane and rational people to this forum, and maybe to listen to Richard.

I feel like we’re getting a little better with each one, and personally, I would love to get more feedback on how we can improve – what you like, and what you don’t like as much – its all good, and I’d rather hear it from friends than some of the voices I’ve dealt with on other forums –

And once again, I need to say a huge Thank You to our beloved moderator, both for all his work on this forum, as well as the many hours he puts into engineering those files so we sound so good on the podcasts!

You da man, Mr Newman!

Chrisakadigdog
                Participant

The gatekeeper rules. He is  Da Man Newman

Hank
                  Participant

The Big Mon has become an old friend that I only met once.

indexless
                    Keymaster

Shucks…..I do it to make the world a better place, I’m honored to be allowed into the car

Hank
                        Participant

Modesty….it really ain’t your gig.

Bill Keener
                        Participant

Fun.  Thanks to all!

Bill “Magwa” Keener
                          Coarsegold, California

Chrisakadigdog
                          Participant
                            Matt Hayden
                            Participant

Another excellent podcast. Thank you!

Viewing 10 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.