Santa Cruz Coffee Break Lunch with Richard Hoover #3 custom guitars

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums All the SCGC podcasts are here Santa Cruz Coffee Break Lunch with Richard Hoover #3 custom guitars

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      indexless
      Keymaster

Hey Kids,

Here is #3 of the Santa Cruz Coffee Break with Richard Hoover. Richard discusses the ins and outs of ordering a custom guitar. We’re really excited to share it with you, even a live call in question, how does it get and better? Grab a cup of your favorite and spend an hour with Richard. About the only artist Richard talks about is his upcoming trip to Chicago and Chicago Music Exchange with Eric Skye, here’s the links to the podcast, for some reason that is beyond my limited understanding, this is not allowing me to post links to Eric Skye and CME, the internet is a strange and mysterious place,    enjoy!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by indexless.
        • This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by indexless.
        Chrisakadigdog
        Participant

Another well done and enjoyable podcast . Thank YOU ALL

haasome
          Participant

Great job guys. Another interesting session.

– Paul –

Acoustic Soul
            Participant

I am still listening to the first one right now, I would love to know how they decide which models can have deep bodies, 12 frets, or short scales and which ones can’t .  When I ordered my last guitar I wanted advanced X and deep bracing but they said it would be too much.  I’d be curious where they find limitations in physics and where they find limitations in voicing and if there is any point that Santa Cruz has a preference as a company and just won’t do something because it doesn’t fit with their sonic signature.

It would also be cool to hear about old growth adirondack, brazilian, and mahogany… in regards to how what is available now compares to the thought of standard.  Also, how they manage to get that.  In strict sonic standards, how does old growth adirondack compare to adirondack?

Hank
              Participant

I’m sitting on a balcony overlooking Lake McDonald and the western range of the mountains of Glacier National Park.

I have just spent the last bit of time listening to a wonderful conversation about SCGC guitars with Y’All…….

Well done and Thank You to Mr. Hoover and Richard Newman and Tad Laird.

Now …If only I had a Santa Cruz guitar to play :-

tadol
                Senior Moderator

A huge thanks to our own Mr Newman for the outstanding work he does making us sound good, and polishing out the vocal warts and brainfarts –

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.