Richard's Signature on Label

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums Ask Santa Cruz Guitar Company Richard's Signature on Label

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      NCBluesman
      Participant

I’ve owned many SCGC guitars. I bought a 2010 D12 a few years ago that seems to be very special. The label in the guitar has been signed by Richard. I’m curious about it. I called and got the specifications. The sitka spruce used for the top was over 70 years old and the mahogany was 1930s master grade. However I own several other SCGC guitars that are equal or better quality woods. I’m just curious if the signature signifies anything.

Here’s the picture:

Signed Label

And here is the guitar:

indexless
        Keymaster

That is simply stunning!!!!!  Welcome NC

NCBluesman
            Participant

Thank you!  She sounds as beautiful as she looks.

Hank
            Participant

That’s beautiful Mate…. Glad to see you here……

I have 2 signed by the Maestro….. there both very special.

NCBluesman
                Participant

Thanks, Zorro. I was fairly active in the previous incarnation of this site. I remember your amazing story of buying a particularly special Otis Taylor H model on consignment at Denver Folklore Center, if memory serves. Turned out the consignee was Otis Taylor! You must be livin’ right to get those types of opportunities.

I’m curious, are the signatures of any specific meaning? or are they custom guitars that Richard may have helped inspire?

Merry Christmas!

Hank
                  Participant

I remember Y’all from the old Forum…..glad you have joined us again.

I don’t know about any “Meaning” to R.H. signing a particular instrument.

He signed my 1934 D and also the “Tree” OM  of which I am the second owner .

I will look forward to an answer from SCGC.

pto
                  Participant

maybe just that the original custom buyer asked for it.  i did on a braz d-45 he did for me through dexter back in the early 2000’s.

NCBluesman
                      Participant

PTO – Thanks. I thought the same but since it was the first I’ve encountered, I thought I would ask on the forum.

Viewing 3 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.