Reverb.com

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Daniel
      Participant

Oh My God.

Does anyone else lose hours looking for your favorite gear?

Started surfing after watching a preview of the Electro-Hamonix 5mm (amp in pedal), and finished with looking at Eastwood’s Warren Ellis electric mandolin.  I want it all.  🙂

Daniel (gear head)

Chrisakadigdog
        Participant

That might explain the lack of unoccupied space both in my guest bathroom, second bedroom ,closet space in the Master’s bedroom and many other  morsels of space for my  great lack of restraint on REVERB.    Let’s not forget Mandolin Cafe!!!!!!!!

So much fun.

bert
          Participant

Fellow I know says that buying/selling guitars is like a sport to him.  ?#?  say what

tadol
            Senior Moderator

I love looking – but I have to be really careful, ‘cause there are so many great things available, and I have a very hard time keeping my credit card in my pocket –

Daniel
              Participant

I’m eyeballing a Boss MO-2 at the moment.  It would be a useful tool.

And I’m always on the lookout for really cheap small amps.  I have discovered that little solid-state amps like the Marshall G15R-CD can be dramatically improved by replacing the transformer and the op-amp with higher quality components.

Daniel

indexless
                Keymaster

Daniel…take a look at the Boss Katana 50…….I’m still sending FBJ 45, just basking in the glow for a while longer

Matt Hayden
                  Participant

Heh.  I have my CC numbers etc memorized.

It takes MAJOR willpower to not actually buy stuff on Reverb.

And right now, I’m looking at a TS9.   And, doG help me, a real Klon Centaur, at that kind of price…..not that I need it, either.

Soon some of my gear will be on Reverb to tempt others and gain space in the music room. 🙂

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Matt Hayden.
                    Daniel
                    Participant

Oh yes, I have been.  And the BluGuitar products as well.

Problem is there’s no where around here to test drive any of this.

Regarding the FBJ, take your time.  I’m in no hurry.

Daniel

Old 97
                      Participant

I have been looking for a FireFly on Reverb. Found one under 4K. I’m currently fighting GAS for a Collings 290 at Gryphon. It’s not going well.

Acoustic Soul
                        Participant

I check my daily reverb email feed everyday

Matt Hayden
                          Participant

I’m currently hunting a 14-fret 00 cutaway with OM-ish neck and Reverb pings me daily, often with 00-16C (12=fret) models, because their search algorithms and filters are, ahh, questionable.

There aren’t many 14-fret cutaway 00s made, and the last one I saw – and let slip through my fingers – was a Schoenberg two christmases ago. Great price, should have bought it.  And they just barely exist; there’s not that much of a market, I guess.

If SCGC made one I would be right at the front of the line.

Daniel
                            Participant

Matt,

I would speak to two people (though you have probably already done so…) Eric Schoenberg himself and Stevie Coyle at Might Fine Guitars.  If a 14 fret 00 with a cutaway can be found, they’ll find it!

I find gear a bit more accessible than guitars.  It’s cheaper per item.
                              😉

Daniel

Matt Hayden
                              Participant

Yes indeed.

I have discovered that simply mentioning some of the things that you’re looking for on this forum can lead to unexpected and wonderful results 😉

I’ve talked to Eric about a 14-fret 00 – he has twice pointed to Schoenbergs at $13k, and both of the ones he has had have fit that profile. If I *have* to spend that much, I’m going to think hard about it.

Daniel
                                  Participant

Well… You could always do what Eric Skye does on the dusty end of the fretboard. Jethro Burns always said that there’s no money up there anyway. 😉

Should I be checking the mail again?

Daniel

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Daniel.
                              Viewing 12 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.