Questions about original bridge pin and neck up guitar support concern

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Questions about original bridge pin and neck up guitar support concern

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello all, if I could ask for two bits of advice.

I have not yet been able to connect with Santa Cruz directly via email or voicemails.

I recently came home with Beautiful a standard (as opposed to custom) 2019 OMPW and one of the bridge pins is not original.

Where can I find the type of bridge pin that was original to the guitar? Or, any recommendations for “better” bridge pins?

Also, do I need to be concerned about using the neck up guitar support (The same one as used by Eric Skye)? I’m a bit confused about the finish and possible concerns with its potential interaction with the suction cup.

Thanks,

Robert

indexless
        Keymaster

Good Morning Robert,

Thanks for checking in here. If you have emailed SCGCF, they will get back to you, rest assured. SCGC should be able to provide you with a Bridge pin. Bridge pins are a pretty deep rabbit hole, We’ll ask Richard on a podcast his feelings about them, I’m sure it will be enlightening.  I’ve been around Eric’s #1 for about 8-10 years, I haven’t seen any finish damage from it, just my experience.  Thanks for jumping in, I’m sure you’ll get some answers.

tadol
          Senior Moderator

The neck-up wont cause any problems to finish, unless you leave it stuck on your guitar for long period of time – days or weeks or more. But if you remove it after each session, wipe your guitar down, you should be fine –

Matt Hayden
            Participant

I’ve used a neck-up for close to two decades without any issues.  Just keep it clean and don’t leave it stuck on.

Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.