PSA New Fretboard Journal #45

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion PSA New Fretboard Journal #45

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      indexless
      Keymaster

Get ya some of the great article on Eric Skye and his relationship with Richard Hoover, beautiful stuff on these pages kids

Matt Hayden
        Participant

Reading it now, and enjoying it thoroughly.

Daniel
          Participant

Who wants to send me a copy?  And how much is it?

Thanks!

Daniel

Hank
            Participant

The mail just arrived ,  FBJ handed to me by my mail guy…….don’t bother me for awhile !!

Hank
                Participant

Well …a double treat in this edition. The Article on the Luthier Ken Hooper building an instrument from “The Tree’, and his comments about learning from Maestro Hoover on how to work with that unique wood. To be able to play my SC “Tree” OM everyday is a gift.

And the Eric Skye article, which included wonderful comments from and about our esteemed Keymaster Richard Newman.

My admiration for all those above is boundless.

For Mr. Hoover…. the reasons are obvious.

For Richard Newman…well those are personal and very heart felt.

For Eric Skye…. His amazing talent and dedication to his art. Also because he gave Dee permission to use his recording of “Ode To Billy Joe” to use as a backing track for her show. Her voice, backed by Eric’s guitar is wonderfully simple yet memorable.

I am really a very lucky guy.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Hank.
                Old 97
                Participant

I got mine, made a sandwich, grabbed a beer, and read the Skye piece.

Viewing 4 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.