now we know

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Hank
      Participant

Great video…….Richard Hoover has known this for ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-_VPRCtiUg&t=276s

1993 Martin HD-28 IR/Sitka
      2001 SCGC F Cutaway Maple/German
      2008 SCGC OT Madi/Italian
      2015 SCGC OM “The Tree” Hog/ European
      2016 SCGC 1934 D45 Braz/ Adi
      2016 Taylor K62 CE Limited Edition 12 string all Koa
      2019 SCGC FTC Granadillo/Redwood
      Life is a journey…not a guided tour,
      The Bay,The Gulf Stream , The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their secrets with.

Daniel
      Participant

That was fun. 🙂

Thought I would share this.  It’s about picks.  And while David Benedict is a mandolin player, you get the idea.

🙂

D

Chrisakadigdog
      Participant

The Wegen wins for least amount of pick – click affect.   It’s all so good n geeky

Chrisakadigdog
      Participant

Hank you been hangin with them west coast guys online a bit more. Good stuff. I love NOVA  on PBS

Hank
      Participant

My dear friend Digdog….. I’ve come to the realization that the only way I can “Get Your Heads Right’ is to play your game ……I will express my free opinion and Damn the torpedoes ….but ALL the while tell Y’all how much I love and respect Y’all……..and by the way “Y’all is Not a derogatory term….. Neither is …”Well. Bless Your Heart”.

Look forward to a Special Notice concerning a “75th Trip Around The Sun” Gift to yours truly .

1993 Martin HD-28 IR/Sitka
      2001 SCGC F Cutaway Maple/German
      2008 SCGC OT Madi/Italian
      2015 SCGC OM “The Tree” Hog/ European
      2016 SCGC 1934 D45 Braz/ Adi
      2016 Taylor K62 CE Limited Edition 12 string all Koa
      2019 SCGC FTC Granadillo/Redwood
      Life is a journey…not a guided tour,
      The Bay,The Gulf Stream , The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their secrets with.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Hank.
      Daniel
      Participant

Items of response:

– I happen to know that when you add “little” or “li’l ol'” to “well bless your heart” it becomes derogatory.  (don’t ask.)

– Damn the Torpedoes is my favorite Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers album. (“don’t ha-ave to live like ref u gee e e e e!)

– with regard to picks/plectra/les mediators, I’m using the Dunlop PrimeTones on single emandos with single string courses (5 stringers) and Wegens on everything else, including guitars.

– And Benedict shoulda done his homework.  There is indeed a notable difference in feel and tone between the white and black Wegens.  I don’t know if they are different materials, but if they aren’t, then the dye/colorant Wegen uses has an effect.  The black ones are softer, click less, and wear faster.

that is all.

😀

Daniel

Daniel

Silly Moustache
      Participant

Hi, I’ve made videos about my choices of picks, here’s my story. https://youtu.be/274JMNR9xtA

I only uses the large triangles and recommend them to my students/clients. They are referred to as type “346”.

In short, every flat top I have has its own 1. Bluechip TAD pick TAD40 (light)  for 000 and smaller, and TAD50 (medium) for dreads, jumbo, etc.

Also every guitar also has a Wegen (pronounced “Vayg’n”) TF120 or TF140.

Also on my mandolin I use Blue Chip Tad50 (3xr -rounded tips)

I can’t remember how I got my fist Blue Chip, I either bought it used or someone on a forum just sent it to me, but as it was a TAD (346) -it sent me off in a whole new direction.

p.s. the only guitars that I DON’t use Blue Chips on are my 12 strings – for thse I prefer the Wegen RF140s.

p.p.s – on my sole Santa Cruz (RS) I prefer my TAD 60 !!!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.