Line 6 POD 2.0

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Daniel
      Participant

Despite my slight distaste for the color and the form factor, I pulled the trigger on a used Line 6 Pod 2.0 on Reverb from a shop in Italy.  Should be here on Monday.

This is me dipping me toes, for less than 100 euros, into amp emulation.  I feel that emulation gives me truer sound when it comes to electric mandolins.  It’s less dependant on string length and string travel.

If this goes well, I will be more serious about the BluGuitar Amp1 or the Mooer Preamp Live.

Now I just need something to hold onto a mic stand…

🙂

D

tadol
      Participant

So? Whaddya think?

I recently spent some time with James May, and I am extremely impressed with his UltraTonic pickup and his Tonedexter pedal.  He was doing some training with Jeff White, who is traveling with Lyle Lovett and his acoustic band, and they played the Marin Civic Auditorium, and I got a chance to go backstage.

The UltraTonic / Tonedexter combo creates a wonderful, feedback free, true acoustic tone – but thats about it. I’d like to find a simple multi-function pedal  that I could use to go from a very slightly altered sound (little reverb, chorus, etc) to maybe something that could add something closer to an emulated amp with some more dramatic effects.

I was thinking Zoom A1, but lotsa good feedback on the Pod, and I think the Helix (but thats a really pricey option, I think -).  What have you found?

Daniel
      Participant

Hi Tad,

It worked really well!  The only reason I was at all unhappy with it was that the sound guys were rubbish and they could not put the stage together properly.  Going through the PA alone left me entirely at their mercy.

If my car was closer to the venue, I would have run for my amp.

Daniel

tadol
      Participant

Thats a shame –  I’ve been to enough shows to believe that a great many sound guys are legally deaf, and should pursue other career options, perhaps art critics –

Matt Hayden
      Participant

This is why. Tuck and Patti have their setup so canned – they know what the signal is going to the main board and they know what is required to get the sound they want in the house.

A fiend has a Kemper and it does amazing things….but it requires a lot fo effort to dial in a sound.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.