Just lookin’ through the cases –

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Just lookin’ through the cases –

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      tadol
      Senior Moderator

My wife, and numerous friends, wonder why I have so many guitars – apparently, the “because I can” or “because I want to” are inadequate responses. So, I’ve decided to go through and really think about each one.  I know this will ultimately lead to some getting sold – but ultimately might just be some time off.

Heres the first – this is D #4 – its been through a few owners over the years. It’s also been through house fires, camp fires, car crashes, extreme de-humidification, and just about every other calamity that can befall a guitar. Luckily, it’s been brought back to the mothership on more than a few occasions, and they’ve managed to patch it up and get it back to full playability. Some of the cosmetics are less than ideal – but the wear, the damage, the repairs, are all honest and reflect the rather hard life this instrument has had. And it still sounds very good – well aged koa and sitka, the early hand-cut inlays – it bears all the aesthetics that were refined into the incredible guitars we see coming from the shop today. But this one, in 1977, was special, a portent of better things to come  –

Do I have better guitars than this? Of course! But how could I think of selling it – even if it is, just a guitar –

Dannymeeg
        Participant

Wow! That’s a super cool guitar!!

Anonymous

That is cool! Thanks for sharing.

Hank
            Participant

I know it can sing……If only it could talk !!!

Chrisakadigdog
              Participant

Whoazer. Now that is a keeper close to the heart kind’ve guitar.  Nice Hank

Barber Derek
                Participant

It has great character, love the look of it.

bert
                  Participant

Listening to Yo Yo Ma explain his attachment to his 266yr old Italian cello is all anybody needs to know about bonding with stringed instruments. Bonding with guitars is special is what I believe. amen, bert

Matt Hayden
                    Participant

That’s gorgeous.  It’s in pretty great condition, too.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.