I hesitate to post this….But

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion I hesitate to post this….But

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • Author
      Hank
      Participant

With all the fires in California and all the rain and wind here on the Gulf Coast and all the turmoil we all are going through, I thought twice about posting a Joyous/Selfish comment ……. But, here goes and I hope Y’all will understand.

My G.A.S. is Over/Done/Fini/a thing of the past/ That’s it !!!

I received the 2019 FTC Granadillo/Redwood Namm from Matt @ Eddies Guitar yesterday. …

I have had very little sleep in the last 24 hours  drunk too much coffee and my fingers HURT so good.

We have had a Tropical Storm Sally( yes. I played “Lay Down Sally”) form on top of us and the rain and wind have been steady for two days. Yesterday, during the first squalls coming  through UPS delivered the guitar in perfect condition.

It is unlike ANY guitar I have ever played…. I won’t even try to describe the voice…it is just wonderful. For a good description of the voice contact Tadol….He is “The Pro From Dover” on Models F & FTC.

I have run through many different songs in my song books and the FTC give each a unique character versus my other guitars.

It plays finger style beautifully and thumb picking/finger strumming produces note separation that is clear with wonderful sustain if allowed….really need to allow the notes to ring.

So….Bottom line ……The Ramuda is complete….I can not imagine needing any more guitars. The 7 voices are all so different and each pleasing to my ear and each a joy to play …..and to look at.

I apologize for being so pleased and satisfied in these troubled times……But “Se La Vie”

Fair Winds

Hank

indexless
        Keymaster

Sweet…good news is never unwelcome!   Congrats

Barber Derek
          Participant

I appreciate your post, and I’m really glad you put it out there.  I think whatever brings us comfort, solace, or joy during these difficult times is worth celebrating and sharing.

Matt Hayden
            Participant

Sounds wonderful.

Put up some clips!

Hank
              Participant

This is the same wood combo as Tad’s…..I hope he’ll comment as he describes the voice of the instrument better than I can.

Hank
                Participant

Hank
                  Participant

Hank
                    Participant

Hank
                      Participant

Hank
                        Participant

Hank
                          Participant

Hank
                            Participant

Hank
                              Participant

Hank
                                Participant

Hank
                                  Participant

Hank
                                    Participant

My favorite Eagles song is “Seven Bridges Home”…….Look @ my Signature…..I’m HOME !!

Hank
                                      Participant

Matt did this with SCGC med tension strings.

I had a discussion with Matt and Tad and Matt shipped it to me with SCGC Lites…..Absolutely the right decision…..MUCH ‘Clearer” voice.

Hank
                                        Participant

I have been remiss….I should have stated that all of the photos were done by Eddie’s Guitars and I was given permission to post them on the SCGCPF.

Thank you To Matt @ Eddies for providing them to me for my records

Matt Hayden
                                          Participant

Gorgeous. Jealous.  Such a voice….someday I’ll get an FTC.

Chrisakadigdog
                                            Participant

A very lustful looking piece of luthiery art.  THANKS FOR SHARING

haasome
                                              Participant

Big thumbs up Hank!

– Paul –

Hank
                                                Participant

I changed strings on the O.T, the F maple/German , the OM “The Tree” and the Martin and the 34 Zorro.

I think I’m being a bit  O.C.D…….I’m going to take the Kayak and throw some 8 weight at sunrise  off the beach in the morning,,,,Snook and Baby Tarpon are on the Flats,,,,,,, If you have never seen the sunrise over the “Glades” you have not known the gods saying “Good Morning”.

Fair Winds,

Hank

tadol
                                                  Senior Moderator

I’m truly thrilled that Hank is as pleased with this FTC as he seems – the FTC is such a unique instrument, in many ways its almost a listeners guitar rather than a players. It projects out and away, to the benefit of the audience more than the player, and these few that they made with the granadillo and redwood have an amazing clarity and tone that is truly unique compared to most any other guitar I’ve played.  Honestly, when I got mine, I played it quite a bit and started to feel more and more that maybe I had made a mistake with this combination of woods and model. But then, I took it to a friend who has quite an ear, and I played it for him, and he played it for me, and we both realized just how incredible an instrument it was, but not, necessarily, for the player. Once I had that awareness, I started  to really appreciate this guitar for its incredible uniqueness – but now, both visually, and audibly.  Which I should emphasize, it does not sound “bad” in any way to the player – but it isn’t the same as what you hear sitting 10 to 20’ in front of it. And I would not make it my “desert island” choice, but with the privilege of having a few great guitars, I am extremely happy to have this as one of them –

And not to rub it in, but I did get a little “extra” with mine – something I’d long lusted over for some years after I’d seen it on a couple of other SCGCs –

Songbird Headstock

Daniel
                                                    Participant

The back side bevel on the cutaway is brilliant.

Daniel

Hank
                                                      Participant

Very tasteful bling Tad……..now how about some pix of the whole guitar.

Chrisakadigdog
                                                        Participant

Tad. BIRD IS THE WORD   Those inlays are LOVELY1

tadol
                                                          Senior Moderator

Honestly, if I could take pics as nice as the ones you have of yours, I’d be happy to post them, but other than yours having the rope purfling and mine having standard straight b/w/b string purfling, the only real difference is a very slight difference in the grain on the back  –  but if I can get a really good pic, I will post it –

Viewing 26 reply threads
                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.