Going Full Electric

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums Electricity Going Full Electric

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Daniel
      Participant

I own 4 acoustic guitars on two continents, including my SCGC dreadnought.  I have 2 F5 style mandolins, a A style octave mandolin, and an A style mandola.  I have not played any of these things in more than a month.  I have been obsessed by my electric instruments.

Th G5 is getting a lot of playing time, but my JBovier EMC-5 is currently plugged in to two Marshall amps and I am re-evaluating my pedal board!

I’ll be 54 years old in 2 weeks.  What the hell?

I’m getting rid of the Boss Chorus CE-3 (Japanese made 1986).  But I’m keeping the flanger. It’s kind of cool to run stereo and hear the wash move left-right-left-right.

My Super Overdrive, a pedal I have loved for about 30 years, now seems a bit over the top.  I have the drive turned all the way down.  I should probably replace it with a Blues Driver.

I’m still thinking about reverb and tremolo units, and at this point I kind of miss my old (1965) Fender Bandmaster head for its too cool tremolo unit.

I’m on the fence about the looper pedal.  I can see the practice applications in it, but I’m not sure how committed I am to that.

Toward what end? you ask.  CD #3 is still in the works.  Two songs (Vacant Chair and Being a Boy) need solos, and the timbre of the record is more electric than before.  So the solos need to be electric.  I’ve been spending most of my time writing/practicing, rewriting/re-practicing them; searching for tones that are unusual for the genre (whatever it may be) but still work within the context of the song.current pedal board

🙂

Daniel

indexless
        Keymaster

Cool Daniel,  Look at a Soul Food instead of a Blues Driver, a little more Klon like, I have a small sonocake looper, 25 bucks, great for practice, really small on the board

Daniel
          Participant

Thanks Richard!  Will do!

(Have been toying with the idea of adding “John Barleycorn” to the CD.  I played it 30 years ago in a prog/jam band I was in while living in Davis, CA.  Recent Youtube version by Steve Winwood brought it back.)

Daniel

indexless
            Keymaster

Never enough Overdrives Daniel, Check out a Timmy and a Zen Drive, plenty of BYOC as well for a lot less money if your handy with an iron. Next Strymon for time effects, it’s the total bomb

Old 97
              Participant

I have a Zen Drive and a few others I put away since the ZD is just better.

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.