Gigging with a $19,500 guitar

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Gigging with a $19,500 guitar

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Old 97
      Participant

i back up my  neighbor, Katy Trail. She has a great voice. Last Friday I used my 1982 Dread Cutaway. The week before, Carolyn got out her calculator and determined the replacement price of Old 97 would be.

Dread

Cutaway

Brazilian back and sides

Brazilian binding

Anthem pickup

It all adds up.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Old 97.
        Hank
        Participant

What’s the top ?

Old 97
          Participant

Sitka, the Magick Spruce.

Two of the best sounding Cruz Missiles I have played had Sitka tops.

Matt Hayden
            Participant

Mine’s also sitka.  I think it’s pretty good. 🙂

indexless
              Keymaster

with the upcoming Podcast…….all will be revealed …can’t wait to share it

tadol
                Senior Moderator

The upcharge for braz is getting pretty extreme – they have some other woods that could probably make darn near as nice a guitar, and it’d save you a fair bit –

wbb90TR
                  Participant

My ’90 Tony Rice is EIR with Sitka top. Getting better all the time! Signed by Otis B and Jeff Traugott.

I had a 1983 HD-28 150th anniversary model given to me by my wife for our 10th anniversary. Unfortunately, it was taken in a burglary at our house. Received undervalued insurance settlement, and ventured with a friend on a road trip to Mandolin Bros. on Staten Island. I closed my eyes while he played the two TR models in stock and I chose the one that sounded better to me. Happily ever after, me and my guitar!

Very informative podcast, looking forward to pt 2.

Thanks for this treasure.

Walter

Viewing 6 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.