Forum Guitar……let's design and build one or two or………

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Forum Guitar……let's design and build one or two or………

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      indexless
      Keymaster

Greetings Pickers!

Well, all the other forums have models, so why not us? I’ve spoken to the mothership and they are way on board with this, help us with special materials and all the behind the scenes bits, so here goes:

We, as a group design a guitar, we pick the wood, the size, the appointments. When we agree SCGC will help us find a dealer/dealers who will complete the order and deliver the guitar/guitars.

I’d say we go for something way outside the box, like a CF-100, hog body, spruce top, no electronics, I offer this image from the internet as a first look/idea….we can have some fun here

haasome
        Participant

This should be good fun!

– Paul –

haasome
          Participant

Maybe a Small Jumbo model with a size & form resembling this, but making it SCGC through-and-through???

– Paul –

Anonymous

13 fret F with cutaway bare bones spruce n mahogany

indexless
              Keymaster

That’s NOT an Olson is it? It might be a bit pricey……Chris interesting but we’ve talked about that before here’s my wish list

pyramid ebony bridge, ebony board, paddle head, 1 3/4 nut, 2 5/16 saddle spacing, SCGC Inlay at the 12th fret, Tony Rice style headstock overlay, enlarged sound hole, deep body

haasome
                Participant

Yes it’s an Olson, but I’m only thinking about using the model/size/shape, not the bling, to guide a SCGC build. I’m just thinking out loud.

– Paul –

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by haasome.
                  Hank
                  Participant

An OMG might be of interest to a lot of us. Something simple but elegant. Old Hog and Moon Spruce with Snakewood binding and SW Button tuners.

Old 97
                    Participant

Flamed Mahogany and Adirondack.

Cutaway

slot Head 12 fret 00

Matt Hayden
                      Participant

I’d vote for a 00 cutaway, 14-fret, long scale. Sitka/Indian or mahogany would be fine….

Viewing 8 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.