California Fires

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      haasome
      Participant

The National news is painting a pretty dire situation regarding widespread fires  throughout Southern and Northern California. How are those of you in California making out? Is the Santa Cruz area threatened? We wish you all well.

– Paul –

Chrisakadigdog
        Participant

Not presently.  BUT!!!  High winds 10% Rh. Has all on edge..   Had a 3acre fire just behind,1mile away,our ranch.. They snuffed it out quickly..   SCAREY SH-T

indexless
          Keymaster

Had a fire in Pebble Beach yesterday, power line and transformer fire, Thanks PG&E! They got on that quick but it’s touch and go, thanks for your concern, Digdog is the member in the way fo the freight train

Hank
            Participant

Stay Safe Chris…..and All in California.

Matt Hayden
              Participant

They’re fixing to shut our power off, possibly. Officially we’re in a shutdown-adjacent area but it depends on the weather.
                If the power does go out, I’ll be playing one of the acoustics.  The Tele and DR just won’t do then……

tadol
                Senior Moderator

We rely more and more heavily on an infrastructure that no one is willing to pay to maintain or improve, while also building our future upon it. The cracks grow ever wider while everyone just points fingers –

Daniel
                  Participant

From here it looks and sounds awful.  I miss California, but I’m glad we’re not going through any of that.  I lived in Sebastopol for 7 years.  I love that town, and it’s under evacuation notice.

Take care y’all and stay safe!

Daniel

Old 97
                    Participant

Svea has had her power off and on repeatedly. Forced to evacuate in 2017 and now. Friends in Sebastopol are boarding horses for friends and have to stay put in spite of evac notices. They have generator and a 250 gallon water tank on a truck with pumps to hit any flare ups. My friends in San Rafael keep getting power outages.

Matt Hayden
                      Participant

We’re right on the edge of the power outages and there have been a couple of nasty-but-thankfully-small fires in the canyon and two in town, one of which got right to the edge of our park.

I wonder how much of this is arson – it’s an awful thought, but a very present one since the firebug from Missouri spouting anti-CA animus was caught lighting fires in Milpitas (the next city south).

Hoping everyone makes it through this season ok. Can’t deal with another 2017.

Daniel
                        Participant

Without getting too controversial, I think you could make the case that PG&E could be guilty of arson through neglect.  The situation is absurd.  A power company shuts off power to keep from burning the state down because they failed to maintain their own power lines.  Indictments ought to be forthcoming.

Has anyone followed up on the cause of the Kincaid fire?  I recall PG&E saying they had a malfunction in the area where the fire started.

To be fair we have our own messes to deal with here.  I miss about 99% of the French news because we don’t have a television and my French is not good enough comprehend much of what is said.

Stay safe and sue PG&E.  🙂

Daniel

haasome
                          Participant

Continued best wishes to all our CA friends.

– Paul –

Matt Hayden
                            Participant

The Kinkade fire is believed to have been caused by a broken transmission line due to wind.

Matt Hayden
                              Participant

In the I-don’t-believe-this-sh@t category we had a very small fire locally caused by someone who’d left their generator running with the exhaust playing on a pile of leaves.   Fortunately it was very minor and only left a twenty-foot circle of scorched yard, but REALLY……

No wonder the aliens don’t want to talk to us.   We kinda need to up our game.

Daniel
                                Participant

D’oh!

I’ve got a week a rain ahead.  Ya want some?

Matt Hayden
                                  Participant

Yes – I’ll even pay the postage…..of course, flood is what follows fire in CA.  Sigh.

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.