Apart from the stringing problem

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums Ask Santa Cruz Guitar Company Apart from the stringing problem

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hank
      Participant

As I am “Contemplating” a 75th Trip Around The Sun present to myself…… Is there a Sonic difference between a Slot head and a paddle head instrument that is “Noticeable”.

I think Bert’s comments on another thread make the restringing problem of a Slot head less of a factor……..

Dannymeeg
        Participant

I’ve watched an interview with Richard Hoover before where he stated that it makes a bigger difference on lesser quality instruments, not so much on his Guitars. I’m paraphrasing of course but that was the general message. They are a bit of a pain to restring but I got it pretty much perfect on my second attempt. I’m weirdly looking forward to doing it again! Haha! They look so pretty and isn’t that what its really all about??! I jest!

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Dannymeeg.
          haasome
          Participant

If there were a “best”, wouldn’t all guitars made by a given builder use the same “best” sounding method? I’ve not had the conversation with Richard, but have been told by other luthiers it does not make any difference with their instruments. I’m pretty capable stringing slots or paddles, but order paddle heads on my custom builds because it’s slightly easier & I prefer the appearance.

– Paul –

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.