Ameritage alternatives

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      echosmyron
      Participant

Hello – I would very much like to find an alternative (not replace) to the Ameritage case that came with my 12 fret 000-18.  I’m curious what my options are for a secure, durable, reputable, environmentally controlled, case that is more streamlined, less bulky, and lighter than the Ameritage.  I’m even curious about a gig bag option though I realize I’d be sacrificing some of my requirements for security and temp/humidity control.  Would be grateful to hear what others are happy with, or what folks at SCGC feel my options are.  Top priority: lightweight/streamlined.  Case or bag.  Thanks for your time.

indexless
        Keymaster

Welcome Echo….thanks for finding us. Hiscox or Calton are the industry standard, the Armitage are heavy but they offer such great protection. Not sure about a gig bag, I use one for my 66 Strat, but I also have a fiberglass for heavy travel….again, Welcome

bert
          Participant

echo, welcome to the forum. For local stuff, I just lug the TKLs but… I’m happy with my Travelite case for car travel. Either my SCGC VJ or Collings CJ fit, light and has very good padding. Below link is an Amazon 000 size:

Travelite case

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by bert.
            tadol
            Senior Moderator

This should really be moved to the general discussion section –  but I have been really happy with the Visesnut case I have – extremely small and very lightweight – almost too much, you can’t even keep an extra set of strings in the pocket – and it has a strap that runs around the inside of the case so you can “snug” your guitar into it. The only issue is they’ve changed models and their pricing and shipping models, so I’m not sure which I’d go with or what it costs now. The one I have was the 000/OM model, and it fits from a 00 all the way to a F  –

echosmyron
              Participant

Sorry for posting in the wrong section.  I chose “Ask SGGC” instead of the general section because I thought staff would have some interesting insights or updates on new case technology.  Many thanks to all who provided feedback – super helpful.

indexless
                Keymaster

No worries on posting in the wrong section, it’s impossible on the platform to move a topic, it keeps the topic in the same one and just adds it, you’re fine where you posted…hope we helped Echo!

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.