2021 Santa Cruz OM/PreWar Custom

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums Buy and Sell 2021 Santa Cruz OM/PreWar Custom

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      wreck500
      Participant

Stunning 2021 Santa Cruz Custom OM/PreWar…see Youtube video link below for a sound sample. It is lightweight (3 lb, 11 oz) and very responsive with a warm, rich sound. I purchased it new earlier this year after it was just into The Music Emporium. This guitar quickly became the shop favorite among the staff at TME for the short time it was there.

Here is the YouTube video of this guitar recorded by TME:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c…ature=emb_logo

The Santa Cruz reputation for quality shows in the beautiful woods, the sunburst finish, overall craftmanship, and most of all the tone of this guitar.

Santa Cruz Pre-War guitars feature advanced X bracing that is forward shifted in the style of early 1930’s Martins, providing more bass and very round trebles. Scale is 25.375″, and it has the standard bridge spacing of 2-3/16″.

Customizations on this guitar from the standard OM/Pre-War model specs (which can be found at santacruzguitar.com) were confirmed by Carolyn Sills at SCGC and are as follows:

Beautifully figured Fiddleback Mahogany back and sides
        Adirondack Spruce top (fine grained, fantastic silking, and some chatoyancy that give it a 3D look under the burst)
        Adirondack bracing with Hot Hide Glue
        Tortise body/neck/peghead binding
        Script logo
        Sunburst top
        Gloss neck (1-3/4″)

All other specs are standard to the OM/PW line.

It is in pretty much the same condition as I received it when new…a couple of extremely slight pinpoint size impressions on the top and a very light tiny one on the side near the strap button. Setup and playability as received from SCGC/TME is excellent and it is strung with SC low tension strings. The only mod since purchase is the addition of a strap button on the heel (see photos). Saddle is original height.

Santa Cruz Ameritage case is included and also in excellent condition. The guitar has always been properly humidified in my non-smoking home, and never gigged.

I’ve tried but had trouble posting pictures (still trying), but I have a lot.  Message me and I will be glad to send them to you via email.

This guitar had a list of well over $9k, and dealer discounted price of just over $8600. $6500 takes it and I will pay shipping UPS ground to lower 48. Save over $2K for an essentially new Santa Cruz Custom.. Paypal fees (if that method is used) are the responsibility of the buyer. Please PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking.

indexless
        Keymaster

Nice looking guitar. Good luck with the sale

wreck500
          Participant

Here is the correct YouTube link:

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.