Reply To: Nice to have an open forum! Tell your friends!

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Nice to have an open forum! Tell your friends! Reply To: Nice to have an open forum! Tell your friends!

Frozen Rat
Participant

I don’t blame AGF for moderating some of the nastier discussions out of their database, but they always go too far. You can’t even put something like *%&$ in a post because of its allusion to expletives. You can’t even make any allusion where you have to fill in the parts and just might come up with something spicy. I got seriously chewed out for that. The moderator called what I wrote profanity when there wasn’t any words that any person would call profane. He didn’t like that “brass” sounded like… well, you know. You can’t even mention the moderators in a post. I got chewed out for that. A responder to one of my posts misunderstood my wording and thought I said one thing, to which I replied that I had meant something else. I got accused of starting a “food fight.” It goes on and on. Every other post I responded to or wrote got edited or deleted and then I’d get a nasty message from a moderator.

Guitar players are a varied bunch, but we’re also mostly adults who like to have adult conversations. If a forum is catering to children, fine, then they should keep it appropriate for that audience. But a forum that caters to people who play guitars in bars and occasionally have to defend themselves with their guitars; people who are generally over 30 and rarely under, don’t want that kind of oversight. And I certainly don’t want some guy talking to me like I’m a child because I’m having a conversation that would never raise an eyebrow anywhere else. So I left and I will never go back.

They might have 108k members but the number of those members that post isn’t that large. A vast majority of the posts are so washed out by the rules and moderations that they are stifling and boring to read. Anyway, enough about them. Time to play.

Santa Cruz 00 — Goodall 000 — Martin 00-28