Reply To: Can someone explain to me simply bracing styles?

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Can someone explain to me simply bracing styles? Reply To: Can someone explain to me simply bracing styles?

bert
Participant

Well said Matt, I have similar experiences. First of all, custom shops like SCGC are so very diff than big factory assembly lines like Martin, Taylor, etc recipe guitars.

Two very similar slope shoulder body style guitars but.. very diff tone characteristics. My SCGC VJ is the best all-arounder ever for me, sometimes call it the best D18 ever built. This guitar can make me happy with anything I play or try to play.
They both are honduran mahogany with the diff spruce, sitka VJ and red spruce CJ. The VJ is full scale and CJ is short scale. The VJ has tapered xbrace and tone bars, the CJ has scalloped xbrace and tone bars. The CJ is loud and punchy but can have a tamed warmth using a lighter touch. Light gauge Curt Mangan round core strings on the VJ. Lights can’t drive the red spruce top of the CJ, so D’Ad True Medium EJ24s.    note:  the old style K&K is being replace with a new one…. sometimes along the way.      02c bert