Reply To: Custom 50th FTC

tadol

Its granadillo – I had a large plank (very large!) that I had gotten about 40 years ago, and it was at least 80 years old then. I was saving it to do something incredibly special with – and realized that Mr Hoover was going to be able to achieve far more with it than I ever could,  I asked him to consider making FTCs with it – I always thought that a little mor of the richer, more overtones, sound that seems to come from rosewood, as opposed to maple, might give an FTC a very interesting sound.  Richard chose redwood for the top, and I chose a little bling in the headstock and neck, otherwise we kept it all pretty simple.  Its been a non-priority for some time, well over a year actually, so I wasn’t really pushing anyone for it, but I got the call that it would be ready for pickup at the Xmas party.

Its pretty wild – very dry and forceful, a little mid-rangey, but still extremely new – my very first brand new Santa Cruz – and I’m just planning on playing it a fair bit more, getting it a bit more broken in and opened up, before I try to describe it. Although, at this point, it looks to me like the most beautiful guitar I’ve ever seen –