Reply To: Pre-war/Advanced-x bracing and string choice propensity?

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Pre-war/Advanced-x bracing and string choice propensity? Reply To: Pre-war/Advanced-x bracing and string choice propensity?

Hank
Participant

I have just completed my trimester string change.

SCGC low tension on the F, OM, And O.T. H model.

Played the O.T today plugged in  …..very balanced with clear mid-range , bell like trebels and Grand piano sounding bass through a Bose TouchTone and Bose l11S tower.

SCGC Mid tension on the 1934 Zorro

All pure acoustic except for the O.T which has a baggs under saddle P/U. with sound hole volume control.

I am a great believer in SC strings and have used them on all my guitars since their introduction.

But…..after a long conversation with DigDog about string types on “plugged in” guitars I have decided to order a set of Martin retros (mediums) for the martin HD-28 ( a baggs p/u). His comments about the composition of the retros and the metallurgy of the pick ups on electric guitars made sense so I will give them a try.

I have been drafted to play in public with my wife and will use the Martin plugged in to a sound system…..I’ll let Y’All know how it goes.

1993 Martin HD-28 IR/Sitka
2001 SCGC F Cutaway Maple/German
2008 SCGC OT Madi/Italian
2015 SCGC OM “The Tree” Hog/ European
2016 SCGC 1934 D45 Braz/ Adi
2016 Taylor K62 CE Limited Edition 12 string all Koa
2019 SCGC FTC Granadillo/Redwood
Life is a journey…not a guided tour,
The Bay,The Gulf Stream , The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their secrets with.

• This reply was modified 11 months ago by Hank.
  • This reply was modified 11 months ago by Hank.