Reply To: SCGC used market

Hank
Participant

A.S.

I have ALWAYS wondered why a “Opened Up”(which every guitar player I know wants) , mint condition instrument by SC does not APPRECIATE. They DO present a higher value sound when played….and all of us say that’s what we want.

My 34 Zorro is now 3 years old and it is louder , richer and more impressive than when new.

My OM “Tree” has developed more maturity in just the couple of years since I bought it used but little played by the previous owners…..I play it almost daily.

The O.T. was Taylor’s main touring instrument and had hundreds of hours of playing time when I bought it from him. I have put at least another hundred hrs. on it and it still is “Opening Up”.

In the high end yacht business if there were 2 exact boats, of the same age ,same condition for sale and one had 100 hours on it and the other had 500 hrs. on the engines the selling price was ALWAYS higher for the higher hour vessel. Why ? it was a Proven and experienced craft. Engines were built to run not sit at the dock.

Fine guitars are meant to be played…not be locked away in a case.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Hank.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Hank.