Reply To: SCGC used market

Hank
Participant

Naw Chris I can’t agree with that analogy…Brad Paisly, Don Edwards,Eric Clapton, Otis Taylor, Catfish Kieth,Scott Law,Tony Rice, Eric Skye…none of these artists are fantasy types. well maybe Janis and Sonia ( don’t yell sexist at me).

I was attracted to SCGC when I purchased a D-A1 from a Guitar Center here in Ft Myers……They did not appreciate what they were selling…I stole IT.

When I worked for Boston Whaler (when they were a privately owned company) part of the selling presentation was their high resale value and their durability. When I began to look into SCGC I was very attracted by the “Built to be passed on” and “The sound Musicians want” logos.

I understand and support ” The Maestro’s” business ethic and I know that his build the best not the most is the right way.

I know when I sold several SC instruments through a SC dealer I was a bit taken aback when they applied the same formula for depreciation that they applied to factory mass built instruments.

There may be no answer to the question , but it does float around in my feeble brain……and I would like to see appreciation for the brilliance of Mr. Hoovers,and his artists.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Hank.