Reply To: Remembering Alex

deziner2
Participant

Alex told me that I should play “The Claw” before he passed away. Shortly after Alex died my house burnt down so my guitar playing and “The Claw” got put on the back burner. It’s been difficult for me to get back into the swing of things . After losing our house our springer spaniel died, then my sister died, our son had a mental breakdown, then my mother died and finally our cat died last week. This stuff just keeps coming in waves.

I recently completed the construction of a small music studio. I will record and post “The Claw” for Alex. It may take a month or so but I will do it.

I told Alex that I was never a big country music fan but I know good music when I hear it. I told Alex¬† that back in the early 60’s I purchased a 45 of Andy Williams singing Moon River by H. Mancini. I was very young then about 12 or so. The B side of the record had this tune¬† that I had never heard of before which I thought was just as good as Moon River to my amazement. I’d never heard of the song or guy who composed it. The tune was I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry.

I miss Alex. He was a great guy and an inspiration.