Reply To: Brazilian and African Blackwood – Question for those of you who are tone elders

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums All about the wood Brazilian and African Blackwood – Question for those of you who are tone elders Reply To: Brazilian and African Blackwood – Question for those of you who are tone elders

Acoustic Soul
Participant

Hey Tad, I would love to hear you playing them live, sounds like you’ve got quite a collection.  I Facetime’d with Mr Hayden one time I don’t know if you’ve ever done that with guitars

Yeah Richard said I need to drive or fly around and play some more models and such before I order another one since we’ve had two that were not as desired.  I’ve been doing just that and trying to research as much as possible, but the issue is when you go to these shops they are almost all sitka/eir or something.  Most of them are just stock, and I feel like the upgrades are necessary to get what I’m yearning for.  At a certain point you just have to understand their philosophy and tonal ear as a company I think and know what to order from them that will line up with yours.  No doubt their quality is the highest, I haven’t played anything in person that could best a Santa Cruz.  It’s just finding the one that sounds appropriate for me.

Man, OOO african blackwood … that’s something that I would really like to hear more about.  Did you order a deep body or does it stock have a deeper body than OM?  Did you order 25.375 or short scale?

I think when the time comes for me to speak with Richard it would be better face to face flying out to Santa Cruz.  I have two really good point of references though (the guitars they built for me) that I can point to and lots of experience I’ve gained with other models.