Reply To: Santa Cruz Coffee Break Lunch with Richard Hoover #3 custom guitars

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums All the SCGC podcasts are here Santa Cruz Coffee Break Lunch with Richard Hoover #3 custom guitars Reply To: Santa Cruz Coffee Break Lunch with Richard Hoover #3 custom guitars

Acoustic Soul
Participant

I am still listening to the first one right now, I would love to know how they decide which models can have deep bodies, 12 frets, or short scales and which ones can’t .  When I ordered my last guitar I wanted advanced X and deep bracing but they said it would be too much.  I’d be curious where they find limitations in physics and where they find limitations in voicing and if there is any point that Santa Cruz has a preference as a company and just won’t do something because it doesn’t fit with their sonic signature.

It would also be cool to hear about old growth adirondack, brazilian, and mahogany… in regards to how what is available now compares to the thought of standard.  Also, how they manage to get that.  In strict sonic standards, how does old growth adirondack compare to adirondack?