Reply To: NGD! Not exactly planned, we’ll see how trouble I get into –

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion NGD! Not exactly planned, we’ll see how trouble I get into – Reply To: NGD! Not exactly planned, we’ll see how trouble I get into –

tadol
Senior Moderator

Took it into my “studio” today (studio? Workshop/warehouse/storeroom/mancave?)  and got a chance to plug her in – no low E coming thru at all, but the low E sounds kinda tubby anyway, which I am kinda liking – strumming it sounds almost like a upright bass playing behind me – no attack, but a resonant and rich bass tone acting like a foundation for the other strings. But I went by GC and bought a new set of flat wounds, so maybe tomorrow I’ll check what kinda pickup this thing has and see if there is a problem with something.

Curly maple and sitka — ‘91, #174 –  just a lovely and sweet sounding combo that seems to not be in much demand, so I’ve found a few of these at really reasonable prices. My closets full – if more come up for sale, I’d highly recommend buying them! This has the beautiful single black line that runs up through the back, then on up thru the neck and out the headstock. Curly maple neck,  creamy ivoroid binding,  simple ebony fretboard – to my eye, it is the qunitessential Santa Cruz creation.

So far, the wife hasn’t balanced the paypal account, so I’m still good! But there may be a fire sale soon – trying to keep her happy –