Reply To: Expanding the reach of this forum

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Expanding the reach of this forum Reply To: Expanding the reach of this forum

Hank
Participant

How many times have I Missed the the SCGC Players Forum that I first found with the purchase of my 1st SC guitar.
Carolyn Sills told me about “The Forum’ when I called her about the SC Da-1 that I found and purchased at the Guitar Center in Ft Myers , Fl..
On that forum I met Alex64 and Magwa and Strings and a wonderful lady from whom I bought a very custom F model.
I remember Tadol and MattH and Digdog and Indexless and Sugarmillman and many others. We ALL shared info on SC guitars and picks and strings and other guitar gear.
I wanted so badly to comment( I hope with some common sense,and love for SCGC) on my experience with SC guitars.
The feedback and info was wonderful ….and I always felt that because of my purchase and playing of a SCGC instrument that I had joined a unique group of pickers. Hell I remember when I achieved “Senior Member”…..Alex64 always kidded me that he was a Senior Member before I was

When I went out to pick up my 1934 custom during the 40th birthday of SCGC and met Richard and Carolyn , Gerard and the artisans of SCGC and “The Players in The Park’ I was simply Blown Away by the warmth and interest in how and why I had become involved with Santa Cruz guitars.
I was always curious about the mysterious Matt Sarad and his “accident” that he had recovered from and yet still played a very early SC guitar and always commented on the tone of it.
When I met Tadol at the 40th and he casually mentioned how many SCs he had I almost Shit.
I followed Strings and others during the Wild Fires in Ca., I sat and watched Matt Hayden ” Pull a Full “Who” Wind up stroke” on my new 1934 Zorro on a park bench and had my heart in my throat as he did his best Peter Townsend imitation on my New $25,000 guitar….Talk about TRUST !!!
I remember meeting Richard Newman at the Sat. night concert of the 40th party…..It was only for a very few minutes in a dark theater but My wife and I will always remember the grace of the Big Guy.
I had spoken on the phone with Digdog several times about SC guitars and our mutual friend Alex64 and to meet him and play a few songs with him “In The Park” was a true Aloha moment.
When Mr. Hoover led a tour of the shop and ended by presenting me with my 34 Zorro as the last stop on the tour I was speechless….The picture of the two of us will be a part of my family forever
All this is said because, Yes, I miss the old Forum. But I’m also pleased to be an early part of the “New” Forum.
I would suggest that the Mailing list and registration list of SCGC be used to send a respectful invite to ALL who have purchased a SCGC instrument….. including “The Players” and those who have purchased a previously owned SC from a dealer, to come join a unique and special group.
For those who choose to comment on the “Other” forum about our “Bespoke” instruments…contact them via PM and let them know that we welcome them.

1993 Martin HD-28 IR/Sitka
2001 SCGC F Cutaway Maple/German
2008 SCGC OT Madi/Italian
2015 SCGC OM “The Tree” Hog/ European
2016 SCGC 1934 D45 Braz/ Adi
2016 Taylor K62 CE Limited Edition 12 string all Koa
2019 SCGC FTC Granadillo/Redwood
Life is a journey…not a guided tour,
The Bay,The Gulf Stream , The Open Ocean are particular about who they share their secrets with.