Reply To: Welcome Back SCGP Forum! Finally :-D First Post Back with Voicing Question

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Welcome Back SCGP Forum! Finally :-D First Post Back with Voicing Question Reply To: Welcome Back SCGP Forum! Finally :-D First Post Back with Voicing Question

Acoustic Soul
Participant

Hey Matt, yes when I really want to fill a room I use the Blue Chip Large TAD-1R in the 100/2.5mm size.  It’s a workout to play with but it works…. it’s just so much more compressed and clicky than 1.5mm and under.

Remember, I have an OM Grand which is thin and projective, as well as italian and cocobolo.

I would agree there is “plenty” of low-end on mine as well, but there isn’t enough fundamental power or depth.  While the balance is there, the feel and reaction is not… the way the guitar behaves under strumming is less than desirable and you’d rather have a old Gibson, VS, RS, or some D variant for that.  It’s very slick finger style though.

Thank you for the welcome back

Zorro – I love that your 34D is the 34 Zorro 🙂  I believe that if you had a very clicky percussive 34D you would know it.

45 inlay sound?  Lol we’re going deep down the rabbit hole huh?  lol