Reply To: Elliot Capo on Santa Cruz TR model

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Elliot Capo on Santa Cruz TR model Reply To: Elliot Capo on Santa Cruz TR model

pto
Participant

the Tony-signature capo had to be withdrawn from production looooong before they had 1951 orders (plus prototypes that were available).  i have (and use each) one of each size, including the “original-size” based on tony’s original (which had been made for the Gretsch neck on the ’35). when i asked Connie a couple of years ago why it wasn’t offered on the site anymore, she would only say that they had to stop selling them.  my guess is that Tony had a problem with the specifics of the deal.  Zane Fairchild, friend of Tony’s who had worked tirelessly with Elliot  to get this special project done to honor and benefit Tony, did it unbeknownst to Tony as a surprise.  Tony loved his capo when he got it (SN 1951).  my guess, having done some things with and for Tony over the last 10 years or so, is that he soured on the deal using his name.  than’s just a guess.  a similar thing happened with the “foundation” that was formed in florida to benefit him.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by pto.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by pto.