Reply To: I appears that someone forgot to cut the hole in the sound board strut that bloc

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums Ask Santa Cruz Guitar Company I appears that someone forgot to cut the hole in the sound board strut that bloc Reply To: I appears that someone forgot to cut the hole in the sound board strut that bloc

Richard Hoover
Senior Moderator

Thanks Tad and Matt!

Those are accurate and helpful answers. We have NEVER drilled an access hole through the fret board brace.  It      wouldn’t be necessary nor would it even it line up with our truss rod.

To mbabin 5288: Regarding your other “SC guitar’s” that do have truss rod access holes; the only explanations I can imagine is that they have been modified, or heaven forbid, they are counterfeit!

I just noticed that you have left a phone number. I will give you a call and try to help solve the mystery. Thank you!

Best,                                                                                                                                                                                                           Richard