Metromones

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      indexless
      Keymaster

On open question to the members. What are you using? I have several on my phone but might like a stand alone unit, anybody know about these? Tama Rhythm Watch Metronome

Hank
        Participant

I have one built in to my D’Addario peg head tuner….if only I paid attention to it.
          My sense of rhythm is why I play by myself.

Anonymous

I use a Korg.

The manufacturer isn’t important.

What is important is that you take the time to practice with a metronome.

bert
            Participant

Funny thing, in 1967 I was in basic training at Ft Jackson, SC. There was a guy who could not keep time marching, had the entire platoon out of sync. Sgt recognized the problem, requisitioned a marching drum for him. He immediately forgot his feet and became the cadence leader of the entire company. no help but…

bert

indexless
              Keymaster

Funny story Bert. I’m working on my right hand and thumb like crazy, I wish there was a Marching Thumb!

I bought the Tama used from a kid that used to work at SCGC, how funny he was on Craigs list and a surfer….what a world. It’s great, loud, you can adjust the volume of each note, simple to use and looks pretty rugged.  Eric Skye taught me the value of the right metronome, I think I found it and it has a headphone out so I won’t make my wife crazy!

EricSkye
                Participant

If you just type “metronome” into Google, the top of the page is the Google Metronome. It’s as simple as can be and it has a nice wood block tone. I have that on all my devices now

Anonymous

Well after a a lot of  years I found the principle just as sound and also found peoples reaction to the idea of practicing with a metronome about the same as listening to a click track while recording. Not many are that disciplined but most are more accepting of a simple drum loop, even a cheap keyboard drum loop is more comfortable for most and gets the same job done. A better way to practice and record. 🙂

Tom eh

Daniel
                    Participant

Hey Richard!

I use a Soundbrenner Pulse and it’s accompanying phone app.  The app is brilliant and free.  The pulse costs about $100.

Very happy with both and anticipating new products from them.

Daniel

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.