Eric's new CD

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Hank
      Participant

I notice that it is due for release on the 2nd of Oct.
        Look forward to getting my copy.
        I see that one of the tracks is titled “Newman’s Blues”….About a certain Keymaster ????

indexless
        Keymaster

Maybe, I heard a preview copy, the sound is unreal, it’s like your head is inside his guitar, be sure to watch the volume when it first plays….Eric has reached a new level in sound and playing, it’s just out of this world….I saw he shipped them last week, stay tuned

Hank
          Participant

So…. As some of you know I’m “producing ” a CD that is currently in the editing phase for a vocal duo Called Smart and Sassy. My wife Dee and her partner Kathleen Peace. Of course “Producer” really means Check Writer (insert smiles and Love here),and today I went to the studio with my Remuda (except for the SC DA-1 which is for sale in TN.) to record my limited guitar prowess.
            The purpose was to make a recording of each of the Remuda in as natural a voice as possible.
            I have never been in a studio as “the Player” in my life but the recording session was fun and I thought I did not make a total fool of myself.
            So I loaded up the guitars in the Jeep and headed back to home….there to find Eric Skye’s CD in the mail.
            I loaded Ballads And Blues into the player and adjusted the levels and listened to one of the great guitar players of our time……I am now going to open a bottle of wine and drown my pathetic efforts at guitar playing in a sea of Cabernet. I am locking my guitars in the cabinet and will have to seriously consider clinical help !!!!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Hank.
            Anonymous

Received my copy of Eric’s CD TODAY   Oh man!   I just want to be sittin in the early warm morning sun eyes closed sipping me java an grooving.   So tastefully Eric Skye acoustic guitar stylings   Loven it!!!

haasome
              Participant

I got mine today — MASTERFUL!

– Paul –

tadol
                Senior Moderator

I was extremely happy to be able to provide minor financial assistance to help Eric get that CD out, and while I haven’t gotten my copy yet (may be in the mail – I’m not there to look for another week plus) I am even happier to say he is gonna do a concert for us in Berkeley on Dec 1st, and if any forum members can make it here, you are most cordially invited to attend!!

indexless
                  Keymaster

Is this in the new building or in Italy? 🙂   I’m heading to PDX at the end of the month for video, maybe we can help you fill some chairs 🙂  Safe travels

tadol
                    Senior Moderator

<p style=”text-align: left;”>The new space would be nice,  if not in a particularly unappealing  part of town. And Europe ends tomorrow ( ? ) – so the show will be at a beautiful little social club in the Berkeley hills that’s been there about 110 years now.  More details as we figure them out!</p>

Hank
                      Participant

I don’t remember where or when (isn’t that the name of a song ?) I heard Eric play his interpretation of “Take Five” by Dave Brubeck. Without question my favorite song of ANY Genre. Does anyone know where I might find a copy of Eric’s version.

indexless
                        Keymaster

Maybe…check your email

Matt Hayden
                          Participant

I’ll be there for the Dec 1 show – pls send details!

thanks

mh

Viewing 10 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.