Back in at Saltwell Studio

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums Recording Studio Back in at Saltwell Studio

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Daniel 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author

Daniel
    Participant

The Paul Lestock Arrow G5 that I purchased earlier this year was bankrolled by a very generous supporter.  [The purchase amount was repaid recently when we sold our house in England.] This person wished to remain anonymous but I sensed s/he wanted a sort of wink/nod to his/her largess.

I asked this person if s/he would like me to write a tune as a Thank You.  I got a ‘Yes’ and a request for a waltz.

So later this month I’ll be in England getting a version of a tune called White Flower Waltz in the can, played mostly on the Arrow G5.

Will be sharing the results with you when we’re happy with the mixes.

Hugs,
    Daniel

Daniel
    Participant

Just back from the UK.

Got hung up in Calais in the middle of a petrol price protest (say that 3 times fast), which delayed my arrival by 90 mins.  Got home after 3am.  And now I have a heavy cold too.

But! But! Buut!  I got 2 songs in the can and a 3rd mostly finished.  The aforementioned White Flower Waltz, and a cool version of and Irish traditional called The Parting Glass.  A third song, another trad -this one American- called The Vacant Chair, got started on Sunday evening.

Instrumentation for the WFW is Arrow G5, JBovier EMC5, Telecaster, SCGC Dreadnought, harmonium, and Dulcetone.

Instrumentation for The Parting Glass is Harmonium, Telecaster with tremolo, and Marxophone along with the vocal by me.

Instrumentation for The Vacant Chair: Big ol’ strummy SCGC dread rhythm track, with bass, harmonium , and a vocal track.  There’ll be a mandolin track and 1 or 2 more vocal tracks.

Hugs,

Daniel

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.