Anthem lovers out there?

Welcome to SCGC Players Forum Forums A General Discussion Anthem lovers out there?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Michlandir
      Participant

Hey guys, looking for the best pickup to drop into a 2010 d/pw w/mahogany back & sides. Mainly a gigging solo performer.  Hearing great things about the LR Baggs Anthem. Anyone have any practical experience with the Anthem? Fishman Trinity also looks interesting… thanks!

indexless
        Keymaster

Welcome Michlandir….Pull up a chair, I’m sure you’re going to get some response on this, so I’ll start. I like passive, can’t stand a battery in an airline cargo hold……Again, welcome!

Matt Hayden
          Participant

Really, your pickup selection depends on what you play and the rig you’re playing into. Do you strum? Fingerpick?  Slide?  Do you go into a powered mixer or a passive mixer or an amp?

Different pickups will responds to these variables variously better and worse.

Old 97
            Participant

I have Anthem in my Cruz. I like the sound, but my band hates it. They prefer the K&K in my Brondel and Northwood.

Matt Hayden
              Participant

Curious what they don’t like – does it take up too much space in the mix?

Old 97
                Participant

I don’t think I was using the K&K preamp I got from Eric that day. It went straight into the pa and was too bright. The K&K in the Brondel is a bit fatter and rounder. The K$K in the Northwood is the best of the three.

I find the K&K preamp to be far better sonically than the Baggs PADI I have,

Viewing 5 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.